CHIRON coordinates and monitors the entire development process, from design and consultancy to the coordination of the first feasibility analyses, from planning management to authorisations, through execution planning. CHIRON maintains a constant focus on the project's quality, implementation timing and development costs, with particular attention to the factors of sustainability and technical and technological innovation of the solutions adopted.
These specialised and high value-added activities ensure the creation of long-term value for the company and the territories that host our plants. CHIRON manages tenders to identify contractors and EPC Contractors. After identifying the EPC Contractor, CHIRON coordinates and manages the construction activities that include project management, identification of construction site safety consultants and testers, and management of relations with stakeholders involved in the construction phase.
Project development management is strongly oriented towards:
- Sustainability: we give the utmost attention to the developing projects that guarantee the best levels of environmental sustainability, including through the use of recyclable and/or reusable materials.
- Development of degraded or man-made areas: we favour areas that are already compromised, urbanised or marginal with respect to potential agronomic use, seeking to minimise land consumption;
- Innovative solutions: we identify the best technical, technological and design solutions to reduce land consumption and maximise energy use while fully respecting the environment;
- Environmental performance: we select technical solutions that contribute to improving the environmental performance of plants and infrastructures, preferring recycled and/or recyclable materials, seeking to develop a network of small local suppliers;
- Value engineering: we implement "value analysis" processes that guide the design team in identifying the most appropriate materials and technologies, eliminating waste and unnecessary elements that risk worsening the project's environmental footprint.